Colors are in this season and they’re popping up all over the place… even in denim! Celebrities like Rihanna and Fergie have been spotted rockin’ colorful jeans in magazines and models have been strutting them down the runways. I’ll share with you the secret to sporting this stylish trend and looking fabulous!
Blue jeans will never go out of style. Whether they’re boot cut, straight leg, flared or skinny, denim is here to stay! But why stop at blue when there are so many colors in the rainbow? This season jeans are showing up in a variety of colors from vibrant red to sunny yellow and they’re easy to dress up or down. I like dressing up my pink skinny jeans with a metallic top and dark vest.
Here are a few of my style tips for wearing colored denim:
- Pick the right fit: Most colored denim are skinny jeans, but I’ve also seen them in boot cut and straight leg styles. Pick the cut and size that compliments your body. You don’t want to be uncomfortable or look like a brightly colored fashion faux pas!
- Play with patterns: Wear yellow denim with a leopard top or coral denim with a flower print top. As long as the pattern contains one similar color to the denim you’ll look fashionable and fierce.
- Structured blazers: Pair your denim with a blazer to create a polished yet fun look. A white and navy striped top with a navy blazer goes great with red denim.
- Neutrals: You can’t go wrong with light rosy pink jeans, a white top and khaki blazer. Or you can try berry-purple jeans and black blouse.
- Color blocking: Color blocking is still very in and works well with this trend. Pick two colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel and you’re guaranteed a perfect match. Royal blue jeans and an orange top go great together.
Now go on and be colorful with these tips in mind! Have fun with it and never be afraid to be daring with your style.