Howzit hangin’, Bratzies?
Jade here, reminding all my rad BBFs it’s time to SPRING FORWARD into Daylight Savings time!!
Super early on Sunday, March 10, while we are still in dreamland, the clocks will jump forward an hour. This means we’ll get one hour less of sleep this weekend. Uber lame, right?
It also means the sun will rise and set an hour later, causing the mornings to be darker and the evenings to be lighter longer. If you’re like me, this change can totes mess with your sked. But have no fear, fellow Bratzies, I’ve got all the tips you need to get through this change unscathed. Introducing:
Jade’s Day Light Savings Survival Guide!!!
- CHANGE YOUR WAKE-UP TUNES – If you have a crazy-hard time waking up for school when it’s dark outside, change your alarm clock radio to play a more upbeat station. Pick something that plays fun pop or dubstep. If your iPod hooks up to your alarm clock, make a bumpin’ exercise mix, with songs like, “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift. It’s sure to get your body moving and your bottom out of bed!
- NATURAL MAKE-UP PALATE – Applying make-up in the dark can be super tricky. If your bathroom doesn’t have good light, try switching your color palate to neutrals. That way, if you accidentally put on too much eye shadow, no one will be able to tell!
- PRE-PICK CLOTHES – It is totes easy to clash your colors when getting dressed in the dark. Don’t worry about embarrassing color coordinating confusion! Take advantage of the sun being out later and pick out your outfits the night before. You may even get to sleep in longer now that you won’t waste time staring at your closet, trying to decide what to wear!
- FLASHLIGHT BEDAZZLEMENT- If you will be walking to school in the dark, try bedazzling a flashlight. This way you will be safe, and have an awesome looking accessory to go with your outfit. For a little extra fun, you can put a colored gel over the light to make it shine your signature color!
- BRING SUNSCREEN – After-school sports, like the cheerleading squad, will now be practicing in the sunlight. Be sure to bring and apply sunscreen!
- BEDAZZLED BOTTLES - Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! If the sun is beating down on your bod, it is a Bratzie must to replenish the H2O. Bedazzle a water bottle with your name and signature color. Even when you’re sweaty, you can still look stylin’!
- RUNNING SHOES – Time to dust off the old running shoes. Now that it’s lighter longer, it should be safe to go for an after-school run or walk with your friends. Ask your parents first!
CHECK OUT THE PINTEREST PAGE I CREATED TO GIVE YOU DAYLIGHT SAVINGS INSPIRATION!